Safe Space

When I did an Urban Studies semester in San Francisco, I met the "friends from college" that everyone talks about. You know, those people with whom you had all those GREAT times, did crazy fun things, and keep in contact with for the rest of your life. I didn't get that at my alma mater, so this was a big deal for me.

We always called our cozy times together the "Safe Space". Whether it was curled up together in a small room, hiding in the pantry praying, huddled on a sidewalk while the chicken man walked by, or laughing our butts off at a dance party, our friendship was a Safe Space.

This Safe Space did me a lot of good. I have been hopping from Safe Space to Safe Space ever since.

When I was low and had nothing, my sister and brother-in-law took me into their home. The 2 years that followed were some of the best of my life. They gave me a new Safe Space.

When I married Robert, we had to work out how to make our own Safe Space for each other.

This past week, my house became a Safe Space for someone. And while I joke there are no dull moments in the Brack house, it does not take away from our ability to welcome others, love them, help them heal, and share ourselves with those around us. In fact, that is precisely our goal around here.

This is my next chapter in Safe Spacing. And I cannot wait to see what it brings.

**Shameless Plug Time**
Would you like to be a part in creating a Safe Space for a child in need of a home? My best friend from growing up, Kendall, and her minister husband are fundraising for adoption. Pray for them, watch their ministry grow, and follow their journey on her blog, "The New Old Fashioned Way", at http://thenewold-fashionedway.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates