The Cook-a-thon, Part III

The cooking never ended last week. Here is what I made for our Open House / Superbowl Party.

Homemade Meatballs
I had never made a meatball, so I went for simple. They sat in the crockpot with BBQ sauce and spicy ketchup.

Homemade Twix Bars
For real, how would I have done anything without pinterest?

Soft Cut-out Sugar-Cookies
I know my drop sugar cookies are a favorite and known as the "crack cookies" for their addictive quality, but I really, really wanted to do pretty cutouts. This recipe is amazing (also from pinterest). I was very excited to use my new circle biscuit cutters from Pampered Chef to make these.

Besides pinterest.com, my other big help was Costco. Everything else came from Costco! It made the party was easier and way less expensive to throw. They provided the cheese plate, crackers, chicken empanadas (which were so. good.), tortilla chips, and drinks.

The best part is the leftovers. I have cooked once this week. It's so nice! I will note the meal I cooked was a salad, because all this stuff around the house has kind of made us eat a bunch of junk.

I was also able to share the leftovers with friends who were having a baby and some co-workers. It's nice to give, right? It made me think I should make more stuff and freeze it, because it's a really easy way to help someone else out who is having a tough time.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a lot of good food & good times! Makes me wish I lived closer to Indianapolis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we usually throw a superbowl party and eat all the tasty treats the week after...it's the BEST part!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore