Apparently, I never blog!


So guys, I have a list of posts to write about!



I made curtains!
I did my first food crawl!
Everyone's getting married!


Alas. I have no time.

However, I was getting questions about these, so this is what I will blog out: 
vegan cupcakes.

Worst-sounding combination EVER, right?

I work with a group of really healthy people, one of whom is a vegan. It's her birthday... so... I made her vegan cupcakes. You can love or hate that idea, and I don't care. It's her birthday, not yours. On your birthday, I will make you steak cupcakes with veal frosting, okay?

Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes

Ingredients: 


* 2 cups flour
* 2 TBSP chia seeds (as requested by my coworker instead of flax seed, and she provided them, so I didn't aruge)
* 2/3 cup cocoa powder 
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 1/2 cups Libby's canned pumpkin
* 1/2 cup safflower oil
* 1 1/2 cup white sugar 
* 2 tsp vanilla
* 2 TBSP water
* 1 TBSP vinegar
* Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips to garnish (or other vegan-ok chips)
Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. (*my oven runs strong, so I did 340)
1. Mix together dry ingredients. 
2. Dump in pumpkin. Add in other wet ingredients. Blend with a hand blender until smooth. Batter will not be thin & runny, it will be thicker, like a muffin.
3. Line muffin pan with paper liners. Scoop in batter. Add chocolate chips on top.
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
I didn't frost them because the chips looked pretty (and people where I work are too skinny for frosting). However, you could do a vegan glaze or ganache without too much trouble. 
My healthy co-workers ADORED these. I think they taste like a muffin -- not too sweet, but still good. They had a great, moist texture. They taste like chocolate, but not exactly like a chocolate cake (in my opinion). 
So... enjoy! Love on your vegans, people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

and then Justin Timberlake wrote that song