husbands of sick & pregnant wives are definitely saints

I have two nursing students shadowing me once a week for six weeks to learn some wellness coaching.

They are hilarious, and they come on my hardest morning of the week - Thursday - and they definitely lighten the load. They are two men in their 20s - we will call them Mike & Ike, since that is very close to their actual names. They follow me around like two body guards, helping, doing my job, and making me laugh.

Ike's wife was apparently just like me when she was pregnant with their now two and half year old son - sick, tired, cranky. Luckily, Mike has a good sense of humor and strong stomach, though he has not had to first-hand deal with a pregnant woman who is this sick. Ike told me today that he thinks they could handle another child, no problem. He called having a two and a half year old "the easy part" compared to dealing with his wife's pregnancy. He then stated, in a polite way, that he is terrified of making it through another pregnancy with her.

Friends, I appreciate your love, support, and encouragement. But I will be honest - my husband is an unsung hero in this pregnancy. Though he's not dealt with the sickness, he's dealt with the sick wife. And that is no easy task.

Today, I mentioned to Mike & Ike that this baby measured ahead in his ultrasound a few weeks ago, so there's a tiny hope he may be ready to come early.

Ike replies, "You know, first babies come late a lot. He may be 2 weeks past your original due date."
He then paused, and said, "I can't believe I just said that. What was I thinking? It's like I want to be smacked."

Yes. Husbands of sick, pregnant, wives are definitely a great bunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates