christmas card

I was really going to do a Christmas card this year. Then I remembered that I'm sick and pregnant and don't do anything.
 
If we had a card, this is what it would have been like.
 
2013 was our year of new things. People came and went in our lives. We cried tears of good-bye, we rejoiced in the new friendships and lives that were given to us.
 
This is a photo of what we used to be like - relaxed, happy. Apparently, I didn't look like death all the time, I was actually kinda skinny, AND I washed my hair. Those were the days ;)
Here we are on a vacation, our last time before we become parents. I'm about 21 weeks pregnant here. If I look tired, it's from vomiting.
This is a photo of my mom, sister, and me from my friends & family baby shower. Here, in addition to giving up on washing my hair, I have also apparently given up on wearing shoes. {I did wear sandals to the shower, I hadn't put them on yet} I am 28 weeks pregnant here.
An Otis, for your enjoyment
For all our changes in 2013 and the pending ones in 2014, I meditate on two things; a quote from Oswald Chambers & a Bible verse shared with me by a dear friend who is going through many changes herself.
 
 "God calls us to His service and places tremendous responsibilities on us. He expects no complaining on our part and offers no explanation on His part. God wants to use us as He used His own Son."
 and
" 'You are my witnesses,' declares the Lord,
    and my servant whom I have chosen,
that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.



Behold, I am doing a new thing;
    now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
    and rivers in the desert.' " (from Isaiah 43)
 
Have a Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

and then Justin Timberlake wrote that song