i love having a 2 year old

I don't know who called the 2's terrible, because from what I hear, it's really 3 that we need to watch out for.
Joe is obsessed with noses

I love having a 2 year old.
Every single day, I turn to Robert and I say, "Can we keep him like this? It's perfect. Just for a bit longer. Not forever. Just maybe an extra year?"

I know I talk a LOT about the craziness of two. It IS crazy. But it's a hilarious crazy. It's ABSURD. My son cannot talk and argues with me on a daily basis. While that's frustrating, it's also laugh out loud funny. And no, I do not get anything done, but there's a hilarity in that, too. While it may seem awful that my son can undo child locks and doesn't listen and is almost never still, all those things are what make him an amazing little person. He's bright and mechanical and determined. I wouldn't change any of those things about him.

Joe's fashion
Two year olds are funny, and Joe's sense of humor bloomed over night. While he is often intentionally funny, he's unintentionally funny, too. There's something about a little mini person wearing a diaper (no pants), one of mommy's high heels, and INSISTING he can do something that's way above his ability that's comical. Again, it's absurd.

Joe loves hats right now... and paci...
Two year olds are sweet. They don't mind loving you. While getting Joe to pause long enough to show affection can be rare, he will surprise us with hugs, kisses, bringing us something to play with, or putting his hand on yours. He shows unbridled joy at the things that delight him.

Some times, I think I don't want a baby. I love this baby so much already - don't get me wrong. But newborns aren't fun and they aren't predictable. I feel like we have to wait that 2 years to get to this point again, and that seems like a long time. At the same time, I don't Joe to grow up. I don't want a kid who talks back and whines and isn't enchanted by small, every day things.

I know we will love it. I know there will be things in the next stage that are amazing. I know we will have our two boys, and it'll blow us away how much better it is with all four of us then it was before. But it won't stop me from wrapping my arms around Joe every day, holding him tight, and whispering, "Don't change. Don't grow up. Stay this way just a little bit longer."
unbridled joy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates