Changes on the horizon!

A couple of months ago, Robert and I started to talk about our lives. I've been working 2 part-time jobs, and while it has it's benefits, it is very, very draining. It is really difficult to coordinate some times. It was stressing me out. It wasn't working.

So, we started to think about options. And this was my prayer,
"Lord, this situation isn't working and I don't have a solution. Please, bring a change."

A week later, I got an email from Wishard asking me about a job I had applied to back in October. They asked if I would interview. Skeptical, I agreed, as I had been there before. I've tried to work for Wishard on numerous occasions and have always had "good interviews". I've always been turned down.

A week later, I went in for the interview. It went great. The manager, the team, the job, was all a perfect fit. The manager practically offered me the job!

That same week, my church (where I currently work) put together a plan to offer me a full-time position.

That same week, the hospital I work at found out they'll probably be needing more help in the department I work in currently.

That same week, we really wrestled with the thought of starting a family (at 27 with a blood clotting disorder and no dull moments, I take it seriously when I think of doing things like starting our family after I turn 30).

The following week, I had 2 great job offers, a ticking biological clock, and no idea what to do.

After a lot of prayer and consideration, I took the job with Wishard. It's a great job. I'll be working with patients who are referred to the program with a high BMI. I'll be helping in whatever way they wish to start on a path to wellness. I'll be doing some group classes and seminars. I'll be part of a great team. I'll be serving the under-served in a mission-focused environment. I'll be in a bilingual role.

I'll be continuing my journey as an everyday missionary on a whole new level. I feel like a lot of work was put in to get to this point, and I'm pretty stinkin' excited. {Though I may have to lay off the cupcakes if I want to be able to hold the job title "wellness coach"}

The church was really supportive. My job at the hospital wishes me all the best, and they understand how great of an opportunity this is for me. Robert and I are okay with a just a few more years sans children {after baby-sitting our niece and nephew quite a bit, we feel very called for me to pursue this career opportunity...}. Really, as with anything in life, you have to follow your call and trust that God will provide for everything else. So my uterus and blood will be okay, and if it's not, that's up to God.

I start at Wishard July 9. I can't hardly wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore