thankful

I haven't done the thankful-for thing on Facebook this November, because it's not really my style. Though I love reading other peoples' posts and think it's a wonderful display of gratitude.

But I will tell you this - today I am thankful for 2 very specific things.

I am thankful for my sister, Mandy. She has taught me very important lessons about friendship. She has taught me the sheer joy that comes with having someone synced with your brain and heart because you are alike and relieved to know you are not "the only one". She has also taught me the complete opposite - how to be friends with someone so fundamentally different from me that I would never have naturally been drawn to them. I credit her exposure in my life to the reason I have any friends who are introverts, including my husband. She has shown me how to connect with people who are not out-going by nature, how to better-love someone who isn't of the extroverted persuasion, and the value and joy of people who balance us out.

Speaking of those people... I am thankful for an ever gracious husband. The kind of husband who doesn't murder his wife when she manages to cause over $500 worth of damage to his truck within 10 minutes of arriving home... after a night where he didn't get any sleep because the aforementioned wife is pregnant and wakes up all night long to use the bathroom or to readjust. Honey, I don't have anything to say to console you other than "I don't take it for granted, and I'm never going to touch another car while I'm pregnant."


Be grateful, friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

and then Justin Timberlake wrote that song