what's working: new momma edition

A fellow blogger friend of mine does a super sweet blog segment called "what's working" each month. She includes cute pictures.

I'm not that organized, but I love the idea - so here's our "what's working: March 2014".

This one is dedicated to all my momma-to-be-friends.

Gatorade. I got a stomach bug last week, and the only things that would stay down where Gatorade and Sprite. Guess what? Gatorade almost doubled what I can pump when I have to. That's a big win.

Books. The Baby Whisperer, Baby Wise, Bringing up Bebe. These are my go-to's as I navigate being a new momma. Joe has been to our library many, many times in his young life.

Buying in bulk. It's not easy getting out with an infant. I buy doubles of a lot of things: gas drops, diapers, etc. I buy snacks at Costco (I snack a lot while nursing). I know individual packs are wasteful, but they are so handy to stash around the house and in our diaper bag.

The boppy. Joe loves being propped up in that thing. We have a big, thick one. I'd take about 10 and stick them everywhere in our house.

Playtex Vent Aire bottles. Less gas. Less fuss. Happy Joe. Happy Momma.

One piece breast pump parts. Who thought it was a good idea to have to assemble those, anyways?!

Faded Glory sleep-n-plays. Listen, friends, I hate Walmart. But these sleep-n-play outfits fit Joe better than the other brands because of his catwalk model build (long and skin and bones). They have a lot less bulk around the middle than the Gerber ones. I'm pretty sure Walmart.com will be getting orders from us.

Prayer. I pray 100x more now that I have a baby. It's very humbling to realize how self-dependent I thought I was before. When I struggle to fall asleep or feel like I am failing at motherhood, I recite this praise to God...

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.Psalm 100:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

and then Justin Timberlake wrote that song