what i've been reading

California, by Edan Lepucki
A friend gave me this novel to read. It's decently written and a fast read. I hated, HATED the ending. The whole book was really up & down. I would either be bored and racing through to something interesting, or I would be wrapped up and holding my breath,. As much as I hated the ending, I do think it asks the question about how brave we really are, and how quickly we would give ourselves a life of ease even if it meant compromising our values.

Divergent, by Veronica Roth
I am so late to this party. Don't judge. I'm not even going to write about this, since everyone is way ahead of me here.

Big Little Lies, Liane Moriarty
I really liked this book. It's ultimately a book about domestic violence without being a domestic violence story. And it surprised me. I can't believe I didn't piece together all the clues... I'm usually always not-surprised in books. But this was a good one.

The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
Another party I am late to. I'm trying, people.

Tunnel Vision, Aric Davis
I have no clue why this book had such good reviews. It was awful.

Gideon, Priscilla Shirer
Our women's Bible study did this study this fall. I liked it. I appreciate Shirer's writing and depth and ability to get so much out of a story I've hardly thought about. It did bounce around a bit, so it may not be for everyone... but I did get a lot out of it.

You Are Your Child's First Teacher, Rahima Baldwin Dancy
I'm not quite as devoted to this book as I should be, but I am enjoying it. It has made me think a lot about what I do with Joe and how to translate it through a more educational lens. And it doesn't stress me out.

So who wants to come over and watch both The Fault in our Stars and Divergent with me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore