The Bod Pod: It's better than you think

When I went to the Bod Pod, I wasn't happy. That was Monday, January 14.

Today is Saturday, February 2.

I've lost 4.3 lbs (I'm putting the .3 there, it counts).
I am happy today.

I cut out so much sugar. I can't even tell you. And I'm not talking candy. I'm talking anything on a nutritional label that says "sugar". By far, the hardest thing is my coffee in the morning. I don't add anything to my coffee besides 1% milk, which has 11g of sugar for 8 oz (I don't use 8 oz). I have tried cutting it with unsweetened almond only to realize... it's awful. I'm still working on that. For the record, I like creamer and half and half even less (I'm a total freak). I've made peace with protein shakes.

I went from trying to catch my breath doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD to being pretty good at Level 2 and able to do Levels 2 and 1 together. My speed is up 20% on the elliptical. 

I feel really pretty good. I'm very proud of what I've accomplished, and it's given me a whole new perspective on what being truly committed health-wise means. I'm not saying that I'm going to do this forever, but I will say this -- I listen to people all day long tell me they are committed and want this and... they don't do it. I saw it. I wanted it. I became committed, in a fairly radical way {for me}. I watch people every day choose to eat and sloth themselves into the hospital, one step closer to their death bed, and it's changing me. 

You can change, too. That's what I say back to people all day long. It's never too late, you are never too far gone, and you have a thousand choices every day. You can change, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore