Valentine's Day - Letters to the Editor

Robert reads every post I write, though I'm not sure why. Probably because he needs to know how much smack I'm talking about him in a public forum.

He read my last post, and he did not think it was accurate. It's our very first "letter to the editor"! So, I am going to ammend my original comment... And no, he was contesting the actual conversation, because that did happen, but my summary:

"People wonder how two people who do not see eye-to-eye (always) in politics can be so happily married. This your answer. We never actually get around to discussing the issues."

Robert would like you to know that this is a false statement. What I meant and probably should have said was...

Some times, we get so worked up and take ourselves so seriously, it's good just to laugh, find joy, and remember that life and God is bigger than us or our views. It's good to remember that, even though we may disagree, we are all human and have much in common. It's good to remember that, at the end of the day, Jesus isn't checking my voting record but my heart and my faith.

In our house, we do talk about politics, and our various views on them. We don't always see eye-to-eye. We don't mind talking to our friends about this, hearing their views, disagreeing or agreeing with them. Discussion, learing, cognitive development all are welcome! I'm a bit of a news and political junkie, so I am frequently updating Robert and asking other people what they thought about this or that. Robert would like you to know that we do discuss the issues, and we do take them seriously.

But we laugh a lot, too. And we only take ourselves so seriously. And we always, always try to find love in our thoughts, words, responses, and views (try, not succeed). Happy Valentine's Day!

Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.
 Colassians 3:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore