Come Thou Fount

A cheesy picture of a natural fount, just for you.

At this time next week, I will be watching the movers pack up and load up the last our belongings before hitting the road up to Indiana. (yay!)

We spent a good deal of the past few days going through stuff and making the piles of...
trash.
Goodwill.
making the move.

Between this process and the break-in, I have come to realize one thing. And no, it's not that we have too much. I realize that every single day.

It is that we have so much to be thankful for. The things themselves are almost meaningless. Not that we aren't incredibly blessed monetarily. In fact, some times, when I consider how much money we make, I almost laugh at the absurdity of it when compared to what the majority of the world lives on. But what matters is different. It's the warmth behind that old card you find tucked away, the memories of forgotten souvenirs, the smiling faces in old photos.

When one of my best friends in the whole wide world asked me to be her Matron of Honor last week, tears came to my eyes (and not because I am now associated with the word "matron"). How lucky am I to have a friend who considers me the sister she never had?

When we go out with a friend in town for business that Robert has known since high school, I think we are so lucky to have people in our life that we can always come back to and that we always have fun with.

When I think of moving back, and we both feel like we are going home, I become overjoyed. I get to live down the street from my sister. How fantastic is THAT?!

I look around at the full house of stuff we'll be moving. And I realize the only thing I care about having with me is Robert. And possibly Otis. I think I am the luckiest person alive.

Today, my heart has been tuned to sing Thy praise.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

and then Justin Timberlake wrote that song