The every day missionary

Everyday I walk through the hospital, and I see a huge banner with IU Health's logo.

The strength it takes.

Everyday I laugh at this, because I think of how helpless we are.

Helpless against theft. Pride. Disasters. Test results. Accidents. Job losses. Conflicts. Crushed dreams. Bad Republican candidates. Dogs who hate their crates (ok, that's just me).

Today, I had a revelation. A friend said to me, "God put you right where you are to love, support and encourage these people in your life. It's awesome." I don't always think it's s awesome, but I realized that she right. I realized, I need to change my perspective on this strength issue.

I don't have the strength it takes. But I'm finding it, one day at a time, one friend at a time, one, Lord now what? at a time.

It's amazing to me that not only is God so much bigger than me, but that He chooses to manifest a tiny, tiny portion of that power in using me. I just have to be willing to serve and to let go of my own fear.

I'm seeing that I don't need the strength it takes to fix all these things. I just need to lean on His Strength, the strength that allows us to face each issue with compassion, love, and hope.

Hope will not disappoint.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you may go. Joshua 1:9

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore