Happy Valentine's Day & Dark Confessions

Happy Valentine's Day! I love Valentine's Day. What's not to love about, well, love?! {And pink}

I have a dark confession this Valentine's Day. I decided to make Robert a blubbery crumble pie for the day, as blueberries are one of his favorite things. And well... I have never, ever, not-even-once, made a pie entirely from scratch by myself.

I know what you are thinking. You have eaten my food. You have seen my kitchen a mess after some homemade treat was formed. You have had my own recipes, seen the experiments, loved what I have cooked... but it was never a homemade pie, I can tell you that.

So, for this Valentine's, I set out to make Robert a completely from-scratch pie, all by myself. A true labor of love.

This resulted in a phone call to my sister about ten minutes later.

However, I did do it. She didn't come over and rescue me. She coached me with a couple of tips and told me that I could do it.
This, my friends, is my pie, my blueberry crumble pie. It wasn't perfect, it was only sort of pretty, but it turned out okay! It was a ton of work, but I was very, very proud of myself.

I will say, though, that there was one huge disappointment. Robert and I are both watching what we eat and counting calories. So, after I worked hard to make us this beautiful treat, I realized that neither of us had enough calories left in the day to really have any. I starved all day on Monday to be able to eat a full piece (with only half the crust and half the topping). It was pretty worth it.

Next time, I'll modify it to make it a little less terrible for you (which will not sacrifice this being delicious, I am sure). Enjoy!

Pie:
http://www.asweetpeachef.com/pies/blueberry-crumble-pie/
Crust (this recipe makes 2 pie crusts):
http://www.asweetpeachef.com/sweets/pie-crust-recipe/


Comments

  1. Your pie looks wonderful-- full of love.
    I love to bake, and we too have to watch our diets. I started making tiny desserts...'cause I can't do without sweets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore