kick them in the shins

I can't even process losing my father-in-law.

I don't know if I have ever loved someone quite the way I loved him.

But to honor him, I will say this...

My mother-in-law's reverend came over yesterday to help us plan the service.

"People will say, 'It gets easier with time.' Just kick them in the shins. It doesn't get easier. It gets easier for them, maybe."

I keep coming back to this and it keeps making me laugh. And my father-in-law would be happy to know that we are still finding ways to laugh.

Comments

  1. I don't think,"easy", is the right adjective. I think one becomes resigned to it. Once you get over the shock phase that hits you like a truck. Life takes over, you move on. Doesn't mean you forget or your a jerk. It means life 's current moves you "down river", no matter how hard you swim the void gets filled. You will still have moments on your journey where you see something, hear something, smell something. A trigger of the senses that brings a memory to you. You may laugh or cry. For right now just hold on to God's promise, you'll see him soon enough, it's only a moment of time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore