what's working: april

-Cartwheel Target App
Do you live at Target? We do. This app has special offers & coupons. PLUS you can scan stuff in-store and see if there are deals.

-Reading on the Kindle
I finally started using the gift R gave me for Christmas. I love it! It's way easier to manage than a paper book when I'm nursing or pumping and it makes the time go fast. What am I reading? Jen Hatmaker's Step Out of the Spin Cycle and I am Livia

-Facebook garage sale groups
I buy everything for Joe on these. Baby stuff, clothes, etc. all for dirt cheap and it's barely used.

-car seat swaddle
What did I buy that was super useful on these sites? SWADDLES. Joe loves to be swaddled and he is getting too long for his newborn ones. I found some bigger ones for $2/each and they can be used in a car seat!! BONUS. They are very thin and keep him warm (I know you all are like "PUTTING STUFF IN THE CARSEAT ISN'T SAFE. I assure you this is thinner than a sweatshirt would be for him). They help him stay calm because he can't scratch himself when he gets cranky.

-White noise
I'm working on getting Joe to sleep faster and better, especially for naps. The white noise app on my phone is like an "off" switch. I hit it, he stops crying and his eyes stop drooping. IT'S AMAZING. I don't even have to leave it on... I slowly turn it down and Joe stays asleep. In the car when he gets cranky we roll down the window. Because we are awesome parents.

-Getting dressed
Getting Joe dressed everyday has really helped me and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the cute baby outfits. But we have moved away from sleepers 24-7 and into clothes. What am I wearing? Besides yoga pants and nursing tanks... not much. I did just buy an awesome pair of jeans at Target (see above) that are way comfy and forgiving post partum and cost $30. Thank you Denizen by Levi for $30 skinny jeans.

-Seeing my husband
In case you didn't know, Robert changed jobs in January, right before Joe was born. And by changed jobs I mean started a new company with his dad & a business partner. This has made for a ton of work for him. Then Joe was born, making a ton of work for me. I feel like the last couple of weeks we've actually managed to cross paths a bit more. It's nice to feel like I am still married underneath all this craziness that is our current season of life.

-No vomit April
My big goal for April was not to vomit. I caught a stomach bug at the end of March, which combined with my pregnancy meant that I had thrown up every month since last June. What a sweet relief not to scrub projectile vomit off our bathroom for the first time in ages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

and then Justin Timberlake wrote that song