working it out

I remember the old me. The me that would run 4 miles without blinking. The one who did HIT workouts daily.

What happened?

I'm going to say it, and hold on before you get all angry with me: pregnancy ruined my body.

I was so, so, SO sick while pregnant. I would just lie on the couch, waiting to throw up. Some times I could manage to walk, a little. I had already enrolled in one dance exercise class before I got pregnant and fought to finish those 12 weeks.

I really could not move while pregnant. Next time you have the flu, go for a jog and let me know how that goes.

To make matters worse, the only foods I could eat tended to be the worst things possible: potato chips and French fries were often on the list. To make this even worse, if I let my stomach get too empty, I was in deep, deep trouble. Our church small group can attest to the amount of Sweetarts I consumed. I can't even look at one now. *Shudder*

So there I sat, on the couch, drinking lemonade, eating potato chips one at a time. For nine long, long months.

This killed every ounce of muscle I had. This produced much weight gain, despite the vomiting. This also made me lactose intolerant (I still don't get that one).

I don't hate my body. It did it's best. It wasn't it's fault that being pregnant really took a toll on it.

But I'm taking it back, guys.
One work out at a time.
One healthy meal at a time.
...and one Lactaid at a time.

I don't know if I"ll ever be in that great shape that I was before Joe. I don't care. All I know is that Joe deserves a healthy, happy momma, and that's what we are working towards.

Besides, he's going to be fast. I gotta be able to keep up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

and then Justin Timberlake wrote that song