The cook-a-thon: Part I

When it rains, it pours. And this week, it is a cook-your-butt-off-week.

I have been trying meal planning lately, because my lack of meal planning is 1. time consuming 2. frustrating 3. expensive.

I have also accidentally volunteered myself to cook up a storm this week. I don't have a ton of my own pictures because I'm too busy trying to get this done, but here's what is cooking in my kitchen.

-Meal #1, For some friends: Homemade Pizza
Since I had a vegetarian and fellow pizza-obsessed guest, I made homemade pizza. We had pepperoni, veggie {spinach, basil, red bell pepper} or cheese pizza. Served with grapes. Brownies a-la-mode for dessert. Here is the brownie recipe, it was one my favorites yet! http://www.ghirardelli.com/bake/recipe.aspx?id=1099
I did melt the chocolate & butter in the microwave using a glass bowl and a tempering method. WAY easy.

-Meal #2, For a family at church with a newborn: Chicken Penne Florentine Bake
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/chicken-penne-florentine-bake-119144.aspx
We will pretend that the one I dropped off looked just like that picture. I have to thank Rob & Leah for introducing me to this recipe. It's easy, universal, and delicious. I paired it with a cesaer salad and some {easy} fun, yellow cupcakes with whipped cream frosting and M&MS on top.

After I do some more tomorrow, I'll blog about meals & dishes 3-5. Included will be what I'm planning for our party on Sunday, so check it out and COME ON OVER!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

and then Justin Timberlake wrote that song