Happy New Year

Were you hoping, dear readers, that my 2011 would end dull?

Of course, it didn't.

Robert and I went on a vacation with my family to southern California to celebrate Christmas. As we wrapped up from our move and watched the dust settled, I became very, very excited at the idea of a vacation. I also had a... feeling. Like, something is about to happen.

We were on our way home from running errands the day we were supposed to leave for CA and I got a phone call from the airline. What they told me boiled down to this: either get to the airport in an hour and a half and get on an earlier flight, or you aren't making it to CA today, or possibly tomorrow.

We live about 45 minutes away from the airport. We had not a single bag packed. We were not even at our house. As we packed in a frenzy and made a desperate call to Robert's dad to drive us like a madman to the airport, all I could think was, "Of course. Never a dull moment, right?"

The good news is that we made it safe and sound and on time and without any speeding tickets.

The rest of the vacation was great, with stories that will not fit into this blogpost. The end of our 2011 was far from dull.

In 2012, I expect many, many more less-than-dull moments. That may be an exhausting thought to someone else, but I'm excited about it. Through all the craziness, changes, struggles, pain, loss, joy and blessings, I have been able to see so clearly my Savior's love for me. In the dull moments (I do have them, people). In the hard moments. In the lonely moments. In the moments filled with the people I love dearly. In the moments of frustration where I do not understand anything about my life.

In 2012, I want to experience that more, and to have it change me radically. And if that takes some less-than-dull-moments, if that means following God where it is tough, that's okay.

For the eyes of the Lord move to and fo throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His. - 2 Chronicles 16:9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates