First post from my BRAND NEW laptop


(from Saturday, July 30)

Apparently, I go into laptop withdrawal pretty quickly, because the first thing we did after lunch today was go and replace my stolen laptop with a new one.

It's nice, don't you think? (I'm such a dork for typing that).

Anyways... Yes... our house, in the middle of nowhere, was broken into. No, we do not live in a bad neighborhood. We live on a little country road where we can't see our neighbors. No, I don't really feel unsafe, other than being a little paranoid now.
Again... is it TN, or a foreign country?

No substantial damage was done to our landlord's property -- just one, partially broken window.

So what did these geniuses take? The Porsche, in the garage, keys on the counter?
No.
The Chapparell boat in the driveway?
No.
The endless amounts of expensive technical equipment my husband owns?
No.
Our huge TV? Wii? DVD/Blue-Ray/WDTV?
No.

HOLD UP, you may say, what DID they take?!
-My netbook laptop.
-My jewelry. This includes... well, everything that I wasn't wearing. So, the list of things gone include my engagement ring, the diamond pendant my parents gave me when I graduated from high school, my grandmother's pearl necklace, an assortment of aquamarine jewelry (my favorite, my birthstone), and then some.
-Some misc. tools from our garage
-Our leaf blower
-Robert's circular saw
-A point and click camera
-Robert's old watch with a dead battery.
-A few other things

I know, right? We are very fortunate. When I called Robert after arriving home to find the items gone, I was so startled and crying that he expected to come home to an empty house. Otis is a little more anxious than normal but he's totally unharmed. No one was here, no one was injured. Do I feel a little concerned? Yes. I mean, it's unnerving to know a stranger walked through your home, went through your drawers, saw the pictures of you and your family but still decided to steal your crap.

Whatcha gonna do, right? Well, we called the police. We started making lists. We went to lunch today, Best Buy afterwards. We looked at some jewelry at a local store here to compare some of my lost items.
Never a dull moment.
Thanks, Miriam.

BTW, if you have some horror story of how you/someone you know had something stolen and couldn't get it replaced by the insurance company, please don't share. We need to take this one step at a time, and not worry about what could or could not happen.

I'm just mad they didn't take the stuff that's going to be a pain to move back to Indianapolis. Oh well.

On a funny note, I feel the need to go through a lot of my stuff and get rid of it now. Like, if I wasn't relieved it wasn't stolen, why do I have it? So I'm doing some closet and basement purging today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

when your birthday doesn't mean anything anymore