It's the little things, right?

I'm the kind of girl who used to manage to squeeze in things like laundry and washing the floor before I went to work.

I used to go from 6:00am to 8:00pm without much stopping. That included chores, work, cooking, working out, any social activity, and at 8:00pm getting to sit down and eat dinner. There was just all always stuff to do.

Now... um...

My carpet is really vacuumed. Like, more than once a week. Our dog has become spoiled rotten. The baked goods and organization are getting out of control.

I have never been a person who is very good at "just chillin". I like to do things. I love to have my plan. This drives my husband nuts. So this transition, in many ways, has been really good for me. I have had to learn to just... do whatever. To chill. To not freak out when I think, "Man, the only thing I can think of to do today is vacuum again". I think Robert has actually told me more than once that he is proud of how I am taking it in stride.

Little does he know that now that I have found out how to sweet this deal is, I may not be striding back to work any time soon. JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I think I notice how much more I need to be grateful. And how some small things are so wonderful. Like how sweet our nephew and niece are. How wonderful freshly vacuumed carpet is. How addicting "Tabatha Salon's Takeoever" can be.

How absolutely fantastic this yogurt is.

Trade Joe's pomegranate yogurt with granola. It is to die for. I used to tell people about my work week when I saw them. Now I'm all, "Have you tried this yogurt?!".

Also, thanks to a friend some inspiration, I have been reorganizing the kitchen. Do you know how nice is it so open your cabinet and have it all... make sense? And to see a shelf of sprinkles?

I know, right?! I didn't even know where most of the sprinkles were before. I was too busy to really think about.

So here is to being grateful for the little things. Like having the laundry put away within a day or two of actually washing it... instead of just using the laundry basket as a dresser all week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

and then Justin Timberlake wrote that song