We are crazy, but not like that


If you have been to our house since we moved back to Indianapolis, you may have noticed the new additions to our family.

Ceramic (porcelain? I don't even know) cats.

And as you have passed them by in our front hallway, you probably think, "Good Lord. Robert and Chrissy have lost their minds."

The truth is, we are totally nuts. But we are not ceramic-cat-nuts. These were a gift from Robert's grandmother, who painted them (with 14k gold paint, as she will make sure you know) herself and is very proud of them. At some young age, like 4, Robert commented on how he thought the two Egyptian-like cats were cool. Ever since, it was only a matter of time before they became Robert's cats. The white one is a different story, but you get the idea.

When Grandma gives you something, you can't get rid of it. You know this is true. And if she were ever to come over and the cats not be displayed properly, it'd probably hurt her feelings. A lot. So... Otis has some step sisters. And we enjoy acting like they are a part of our family.



This is Tigris. She is the smallest of the cats. She may be small, but she is sassy, let me tell you. There's a reason she's all blinged out in that gold.


This is Euphrates. She is the largest, and fancies herself the queen cat. She may be quiet, but that doesn't mean she isn't silently plotting ways to kill you and take over the world.


Finally, we have Liz. I'll have to admit, I wasn't sure what to call her, since I named Tigris & Euphrates together, and Liz's appearance does not go with our Egyptian theme quite as well.

My brother-in-law, Rob, commented on her the last time he stopped by, and I explained to him my naming dilemma. I told him I considered "Cleopatra", but it just didn't seem right.

"How about Liz? Like Liz Taylor, who played Cleopatra?" He suggested.
"Oooh, that's PERFECT. She looks like a Liz, and it goes with the theme while being different."
"And you know she'll love up to. She has drama queen written all over her." He added, and we about fell over laughing.
And this is why I love my family.

So welcome to our home, our guardian cats. At least they hypoallergenic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Victory, and other updates

and then Justin Timberlake wrote that song